7 KEY VALUES TO REMEMBER WHEN RIDING
- Enjoy. If you don’t enjoy riding your horse, question yourself as to why and then work out how you can make sure you do enjoy yourself – no matter what happens!
- Be Accountable. Before blaming the horse, first ask yourself “what am I doing and how can I fix it?”
- Remain Calm. One harsh hand or leg can ruin days of good work. Find peaceful solutions. From relaxation comes good results, from good results, comes enjoyment.
- Always Be Positive. Sometimes things do go wrong, but always look for the glass that is half full.
- Set Goals. Define your short, medium and long term riding goals. Every ride should have a goal.
- Aim To Improve. Horse riding is not about being perfect (it is rare to get a 10 in dressage!), but it’s the quality of the journey that is important.
- Don’t Compare Yourself To Others. Compare yourself to your last ride and your own potential with your horse.